Whither the "Anti-Globalization" Movement? Re: Raimondo on WWP

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Jan 27 18:58:17 PST 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:

> [clip]
> traditional peaceniks

I'm not a pacifist, but I really don't like this term; the pacifists I know and have worked with have too much vigor and dignity to have this sneer (even if you don't intend it as such) thrown at them)

> are working with globo activists. Let's see
> what happens after the first 800 cruise missiles fly.

I hope I'm wrong -- but I don't think an anti-war movement can keep it up unless the "enemy" nation can keep up a protracted resistance. And it's not directly the casualties. The fact of war has to be in the headlines, and only casualties keep it in the headlines.

Carrol