SOTU

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Tue Jan 28 12:01:45 PST 2003

It will help him. They have smart people to write speeches to make him look good, and the platform is an unmatched opportunity.

mbs

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of Doug Henwood Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 2:46 PM To: lbo-talk Subject: SOTU

So what are the odds on the State of the Union effect? My guess is that as long as Bush avoids visibly frothing, it will be proclaimed a "home run" by the pundits, who will condede that he still has a little more work to "close the deal" on the war, but conclude that the speech was a masterful and heroic intervention that has changed the course of history. Am I being too pessimistic?

Doug