LBO-talk's favorite charities?

Brian O. Sheppard bsheppard at bari.iww.org
Tue Jan 28 17:44:26 PST 2003

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> I always tell folks who collect money for
> noble causes - If our government decided to waste our tax dollars on
> star wars instead providing funds for your noble cause, then do not ask
> me to make up for governemnt irresponsibility.
>
> Wojtek

Looks like you've devised an excellent way to justify being a Scrooge while still being a leftist, Wojtek. What did Phil Ochs say? "I'm a liberal when it comes to how I insist others should act, but a right-winger when it comes to how I act"? Something like that.

Brian

--

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Il etait enfin venu, le jour ou je fus un pourceau!" - Comte de Lautreamont, Les Chants de Maldoror, 4th Hymn, Strophe 6