FRIDA review

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 27 14:41:22 PST 2003

--- Marta Russell <ap888 at lafn.org> wrote:

> Well, it is not that it would not be sexy, it is
> that it would not be
> conventionally sexy.

Marta, I dont doubt that. I meant that the director, actress or whoever decided that the withered leg would not be sexy and therefore chose to downplay that.

Anyway, it is "revealing" that this thread has become centered around a statement that you made about Hayek's wardrobe rather than about accurate portrayal of Hayek's physical disabilities in the movie, which is what your review was about.

-Thomas

===== <<Be like me! The Primal Mother, eternally creative, eternally impelling into life,

eternally drawing satisfaction from the ceaseless flux of phenomena.>>

-Nietzsche, "The Birth of Tragedy"