Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: "Empire as a Way of Life"

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jan 29 09:42:57 PST 2003

X-From_: tbyfield at panix.com Wed Jan 29 03:04:20 2003 X-Original-To: dhenwood at panix.com Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:04:20 -0500 From: t byfield <tbyfield at panix.com> To: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: "Empire as a Way of Life" Mime-Version: 1.0 User-Agent: Mutt/1.4i

would you mind passing this on to LBO-talk? -t

when doug asked me what was up with this i had no idea what he was talking about. then he forwarded it to me, and i was flabbergasted. if it had been introduced in another way (say, without the headers) i could have been half-convinced that i *had* written it. so maybe that makes me cartoonish; but modesty forbids me from interpreting that as making me special. on the contrary, as the sits would have said if they'd had a sense of humor, We Are All Cartoons. which, i believe, is the point. only a twit would feel ashamed of that, par- ticularly in a conversation in which marxism is taken seriously.

anyway, kelley's Right and yoshie -- who i haven't burnt a calorie thinking about in years -- is Wrong. worse, she's Wrong in a *very* special that's completely and historically inexcusable.

cheers, t