Comcast rejects antiwar ad

Liza Featherstone lfeather32 at erols.com
Wed Jan 29 13:19:40 PST 2003

dennis wrote:

> the fetus-snuffing crowd,

whoa. I'm all for colorful language, but this is a pretty disgusting way to characterize people who support a woman's right to end a pregnancy.

> who naturally objected ("pro-choice" meaning that
> you must choose abortion or you are the enemy of all women).

You're off-base here. A venerable feminist slogan is useful here, "If you're against abortion, DON'T HAVE ONE." One can -- and does -- have all kinds of debates and discussions about the morality and the complexity: with oneself.

Just wondering, is there any country in which women lack this basic right, that is not a backward theocracy or an otherwise horrendous dictatorship? (In Hungary, I read somewhere once -- sorry not have better sourcing -- after Ceaucescu fell, two rights were restored: the right to own a typewriter, and to have an abortion.)

that said, I would have run the Feminists for Life ad.

Liza