Comcast rejects antiwar ad

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Wed Jan 29 21:06:27 PST 2003

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 at 11:41pm Dennis Perrin wrote:

> In addition, I've been involved with professional
> feminists (in foundations and related groups) who simply
> couldn't hear the thought that the fetus is snuffed in an
> abortion.

I don't know why they couldn't, but it seems silly to me to dispute that a fetus is "snuffed out", as you so delicately put it. Now had you said that abortion kills a 'baby', I would object, as a fetus is not a 'baby'.

> They blanched at the mere suggestion that a developing
> human with a beating heart is wiped out, and they of
> course belittled my opinion (which at the time was more
> devil's advocate) because I was a man and the issue was
> none of my business. Pro-choice?

What do you, Dennis Perrin, think? Do you really think that "professional feminists" and, of course, "abortionists" are actually interested in snuffing as many fetuses as possible? If not, what does it mean to be "pro-abortion"?

Don't laugh, if you think I am being cute, I can hear these assertions almost any day of the week on my AM radio.

> course this doesn't mean that every person who considers
> him or herself pro-choice behaves this way. I'm
> pro-choice, and I don't. But in my experience with
> professional lefties, abortion usually comes down to Us
> and Them. Not much of a choice there.

I wonder if this is because 'them' shoot people and bomb clinics. When was the last time that you read that one of Randall Terry's acolytes was gunned down by a hairy legged feminazi from NARAL? Get back to me on who likes to do the us vs. them as a matter of policy.

-- no Onan