rice for peace

jimmyjames at softhome.net jimmyjames at softhome.net
Thu Jan 30 07:21:28 PST 2003

i actually think this is a plan that could make a small dent.

<http://www.rmpjc.org/RiceForPeace/readmore.html>

I realize that it doesn't much live up to the demand to involve people in practice but at the moment, I'm much more interested in 1. stopping the war and 2. getting massive numbers of people to do something in symbolic protest without relying on demos.

at this stage, with cracks in elite support for war...it might just make a significant dent. I'd like the publicity of the White House mailroom loaded down with packets of rice.

ok, so maybe I watched Miracle on 34th St. too much.

what are the drawbacks of this type of action, other than the above and that it's too individualistic?

kelley

sentimental asshole