affirmative action in nudity update

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jan 30 11:07:15 PST 2003

New York Post [Page Six] - January 30, 2003

Rear window

FEMALE moviegoers have Heather Graham to thank for the profusion of naked male butt shots in "The Guru." Even though she plays a porn star in the romantic comedy, Graham's contract included a no-nudity clause, so she came up with an alternative. "Heather and I conspired that, in a kind of womanly revenge, we would get [co-star] Jimi Mistry naked on screen as much as possible," says director Daisy von Scherler Mayer. As it was, one particularly sizzling rear view of Mistry had to be cut, as the scene featured the World Trade Center in the background