Fwd: Biden Introduces New RAVE Act

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jan 30 11:13:25 PST 2003

Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:59:45 -0800 (PST) From: Drug Policy Alliance <alerts at actioncenter.drugpolicy.org>

*** Biden Introduces New RAVE Act!!! *** Your Help Urgently Needed

Several weeks ago we warned you that last year's RAVE Act was incorporated into Sen. Daschle's domestic security bill (S. 22). It gets worse. Senators Biden (D-DE), Grassley (R-IA), Feinstein (D-CA), and Lieberman (D-CT) have introduced it as a stand-alone bill (S. 226 - which is not posted on thomas.loc.gov yet. We'll link from our site, http://www.drugpolicy.org , once it becomes available). It's not called the RAVE Act. Nor does it have a findings section talking about raves or electronic music. It's now called the Illicit Drug Anti-Proliferation Act. DON'T BE FOOLED! It's the RAVE Act in new clothing. If enacted, it would harm innocent business owners, undermine public safety, and stifle free speech and musical expression.

Your help is needed to stop this disguised RAVE Act from becoming law!!!

*** Fax your two Senators. Tell them to oppose S. 226 the Illicit

Drug Anti-Proliferation Act. You can use our convenient system:

http://actioncenter.drugpolicy.org/action/

Or find your Senators's fax number at:

http://www.senate.gov

*** Please forward this action alert to your friends and family. The

Senate needs to know that voters find this bill unacceptable.

For more information on the RAVE Act and S. 226 see: http://www.nomoredrugwar.org/music/rave_act.htm

Please consider making a donation to help the Drug Policy Alliance continue to fight for our rights: http://www.drugpolicy.org/join

We need your support to stop this bill!

-----