etymology of "homeless"?

Brian O. Sheppard bsheppard at bari.iww.org
Thu Jan 30 14:55:28 PST 2003

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, joanna bujes wrote:

> Etymology isn't exactly what's needed, but I would like to figure out
> how/where/when this term was introduced. Any ideas?

I'd be interested as well. I've heard some refer to "houseless" folks, as many homeless people consider the buildings they squat and elsewhere to be their homes.

Brian

--

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Il etait enfin venu, le jour ou je fus un pourceau!" - Comte de Lautreamont, Les Chants de Maldoror, 4th Hymn, Strophe 6