SOTU ("Drink! Drink! Drink!")

kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Thu Jan 30 22:55:50 PST 2003

At 11:25 PM 1/30/03 -0600, Carrol Cox wrote:

>If you ridicule a president for limping, you are also ridiculing any
>convict, etc. who limps. And it is real ignorance to believe that mere
>good education or anything else will _necessarily_ (or even probably)
>lead to the disappearance of dyslexia or related (and many probably not
>even yet identified) difficulties.

so the pronunciation of nuclear as nukular is form of dyslexia now? a learning disorder?

what the hell are you talking about?

joe complained about the pronunciation, nukular. he never once mentioned stupidity. he did mention _stubborn illiteracy_ by which he does not mean that he is stupid. claiming _stubborn illiteracy_ is no different than you calling me an idiote (private person, refractory to education sort thang!)

i can assure you that budge (joe), who is a good friend of mine, has never so much as spent one ounce of his considerable wit and humor on discussing what a dumbass shrub is. rather, he is far more interested in the contemptible politics and policies the man has pursued. and, actually, he'd beat on kkklinton sooner, i suspect. we spend hours laughing ourselves silly over many things: shrub, let alone people's disabilities or stupidity, are not among them. (ok, perfesser smant's antics are sometimes called stupid but only because that is easier to say than ignorant when you've had one too many).

as an aside, i do not buy that shrub is disabled in any way whatsoever. that diagnosis will have to come from a physician qualified to make such a claim, not you and not Vanity Frickin Fair. I am far more interested in the administration's refusal to simply be out with it and tell everyone he is disabled, if it's the case that he is. He gets so much heat from all sides for his behavior, it makes no sense that they've kept it quiet.

Kelley

[1] wasted a spot does not mean what you think it means. wasted as in there are millions of young people who deserve an education _for_ an education. not so they can attend elite schools and make connections.