SOTU ("Drink! Drink! Drink!")

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Jan 30 21:25:01 PST 2003

budge wrote:

> did i ridicule a convict, or a welfate mom? no, i ridiculed
> a son of privilege who wasted a spot in several very good
> schools that someone interested in learning misgt have used
> had his pasty ass not been taking up the space.

If you ridicule a president for limping, you are also ridiculing any convict, etc. who limps. And it is real ignorance to believe that mere good education or anything else will _necessarily_ (or even probably) lead to the disappearance of dyslexia or related (and many probably not even yet identified) difficulties.

You may not be interested in stopping the war (and other horrors to come) but I am; and understanding the enemy is part of that. Your view of Bush makes it more difficult to understand what we are up against.

Know your enemy. There is no acceptable evidence on the public record of Bush's "stupidity" _except_ his linguistic behavior, and that is not acceptable evidence.

Are you really dogmatically committed to the equation of "good" and "smart," "evil" and "stupid"?

Carrol