Mandatory fatherhood

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri Jan 31 11:26:55 PST 2003

> that settles it! i'm convinced you listen to too much rightnut radio or
> listen to it just so you can stir up shit here! you are clearly
> intelligent. you say that you're well-versed in mainstream babykiller
> politics. what on dog's green earth makes you think that this tactic would
> fly given the statistics?

> Had you posted about 6 and 11 week old undead babies, I might take you
> seriously because that would indicate that you don't need to be smacked on
> the tush with a klew by four. ( I would rub gently and pat a little
> afterward, though).
>
> kelley

Kel, Kel, Kel . . . I was responding to what's her name's boast about the progressive Swedes and how they terminate humans up to 18 weeks (that, and Carrol's grotesque description of living fetuses as hangnails). I know that isn't the case here, and I've advanced arguments based on domestic abortions in other threads.

My views on abortion aren't based on "right-wing radio" (which I don't listen to). They were formed over years of watching what abortion did to women close to me, feminists all. I won't go into specifics because I don't want to accidently expose anyone who might recognize themselves, but suffice it to say the abortions these women underwent had a tremendously negative effect on their lives -- and in one case depression and extreme guilt. All remain pro-choice, however, as do I. There's really no choice but choice. But that doesn't mean one overlooks the grisly aspect of the procedure, nor ceases working for a reduction in abortion rates through contraception, education and adoption. Those are choices too, and they should be part of any "pro-choice" argument.

And for the record, the only radio I listen to is the Jim Rome show, a nationally syndicated sports program out of LA. Rome's far from rightwing, esp when it comes to queers in pro sports and the off-field violence committed by athletes.

DP