Sam Donaldson explains it all

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Fri Jan 31 17:48:07 PST 2003

On Sat, 1 Feb 2003 at 10:05am billbartlett at dodo.com.au wrote:

> Is it legal to kill snakes in Texas

Yes, of course it is. Are they endangered in Tas or something? I'm not aware of a general ban on snake killing anywhere in the US, and I do try to keep up with such things. Maybe some certain species or two, but not all snakes.

Plenty of snake here, come get a few if you're short on 'em down there.

> or is legality not a consideration for Texans?

Well I *think* it is *supposed* to be illegal here to turn dogs loose on handcuffed prisoners just for fun (they later tried to justify the fact that they taped it because they were gonna use it for a training film!) The sherif even got re-elected. That;s the sherif of the county where I live.

Oh, and these were cash-crop prisoners. These were petty criminals doing a few years for small time felonies. But they were shipped here from Missouri(MO) because MO had overcrowded prisons and the county made a profit housing them for MO. And they made great chew toys!

I don't have any idea who voted for, but I voted against Sherif Joe King. He won by a landslide.

-- no Onan