[lbo-talk] feminism and the failure[s] of capitalism

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue Jul 1 08:16:44 PDT 2003

> 3. A lot of women my daughter's age take the
> Camille Paglia's approach
> to feminism (the reason her book is still on my
> shelf is that I do not
> have a fireplace where this trash can be properly
> burned) - as a denial
> of female sex appeal -

Ah, but, Camille Paglia is so fun to read! Funny as phuck, hella' phresh!Wouldn't you rather read an essay by Camille than say, (just picking out a name from my brain, no implied comment, in fact I like her stuff, Drucilla Cornell?

http://www.marxists.org/reference/subject/philosophy/works/us/cornell.htm

Cults and Cosmic Consciousness:Religious Vision in the American 1960s* by Camile Paglia <URL: http://www.bu.edu/arion/paglia_cults00.htm >

via, http://crazedloveblog.blogspot.com/archives/2003_03_01_crazedloveblog_archive.html

As for feminists being unattractive dykes w/ short hair that don't shave their armpits who hate men, there were many attractive dykes w/short hair in the Gay Parade Sunday here, that I'd think of cruising thinking they were gay males, then I'd doubletake when I saw they were wimmin/womyn....and there are tons of ugly lesbians that are in your face about not wanting to try to look prettier 'cuz that would be "sizest and lookist" http://www.bigfatblog.com/archives/000027.php " (st8 or gay, doesn't matter, though given the closer georgraphical proximity of gay male dominated neighborhoods to lesbians vs. breeder neighborhood w/ hooters franchises, haven't we all seen much more hostility directed at gay men by lesbians, whether or not they deserve it, in that particular instance [and , OH YES, the historical presence of retrograde, sexist and racist behavior and 'tudes as well as obnoxious classism [[hate that term, class exploitation and domination, is rooted in relations of production, yes, underlaid w/psychological and interpersonal factors, but, really, if tomorrow, the rich fucks w/guatemalan nannies, smiled and thanked them for raising their kids instead of their wages and working conditions, imperialist capitalism wouldn't be altered in the least...]] ] than ever gets directed at st8 men? Always easier to direct ones rage at those closest to one, rather than the real oppressor, who wouldn't attempt to understand your anger...

-- Michael Pugliese