[lbo-talk] U.S. Weakness and the Struggle for Hegemony by Immanuel Wallerstein

John Mage jmage at panix.com
Thu Jul 3 15:44:46 PDT 2003

Michael Pugliese wrote:

> I gave away a goodly # of my back issues of Monthly Review from the

> 70's and 80's recently, so cannot cite the titles from the cover of

> an issue from the late 70's that had the word, "Crisis, " in each one

> of the 4 pieces on the cover.

Agree that we have used the word at times to excess, but the fact remains that half or more of the people of the world have less property than your cat and less assurance that they will get fed to satisfaction or get medical treatment if they're ill. If you look at the world from their perspective - and that is what Monthly Review is about - the crisis is real enough.

john mage