[lbo-talk] Chickenhawk Squawks

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri Jul 4 10:55:04 PDT 2003

Though I have misgivings about the word "chickenhawk" (esp when used in a Vietnam context), I cannot find any other word that best describes Andrew Sullivan. After Bush's "Bring 'Em On!", which doubtless will appear on t-shirts and bumperstickers sold at FrontPage, Sullivan had this to say:

"By confronting [terrorists] directly in Iraq, we get to engage them in a military setting that plays to our strengths rather than to theirs'. Continued conflict in Iraq, in other words, needn't always be bad news. It may be a sign that we are drawing the terrorists out of the woodwork and tackling them in the open."

"We"? When the fuck does this jerk's plane leave for Baghdad?

DP