[lbo-talk] 'local' youth recently quoted

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Jul 6 17:52:05 PDT 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Chuck0 wrote:
>
>> And many of us unemployed activist techies are busy creating neat
>> things that we didn't have time to work on when we were "working."
>

> Damn, I should have said that!
>
> Doug

The tech crash and the current recession have been rough on techs, including myself, but on the flip side, it's quite easy to find techies who arw willing to donate their skills and free time towards activist tech. Think of this as the "activist dot-com dividend." When the dot-com fantasy was in full effect, lots of leftist and activist techs were putting in log hours at the office. Now, they are either unemployed or they understand how foolish it is to sacrifice most of their free time to help a company that will have no qualms about screwing them when times get tough.

Chuck0