[lbo-talk] 'local' youth recently quoted

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 6 20:45:54 PDT 2003

-

> The tech crash and the current recession have been
> rough on techs,
> including myself, but on the flip side, it's quite
> easy to find techies
> who arw willing to donate their skills and free time
> towards activist
> tech. Think of this as the "activist dot-com
> dividend." Chuck0

On the other hand, there's Jeremy:

"Jeremy Chase admits to shaking down his enemies. His Web site advertises extortion, hits and prostitution for a hefty fee......"Games give people the opportunity to either do something they've never had the ability to do before or allow them to do the stuff they are too afraid to do in real life," said Chase, an unemployed, self-described computer geek who lives in Sacramento, Calif. "This is as close to the real-life mafia that I'm going to be able to get."

http://www.salon.com/tech/wire/2003/07/06/sims/index.html