[lbo-talk] Fwd: Savage Homophobia on MSNBC

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Mon Jul 7 17:31:06 PDT 2003

> Associated Press
> Jul. 7, 2003 01:00 PM
>
> NEW YORK - MSNBC on Monday fired Michael Savage
> for anti-gay comments.
>
> The popular radio talk show host who did a weekend
> TV show for the cable channel referred to an
> unidentified caller to his show Saturday as a
> "sodomite" and said he should "get AIDS and die."
>
> "His comments were extremely inappropriate and
> the decision was an easy one," MSNBC spokesman
> Jeremy Gaines said ....

Sadly, this spares the likes of Ann Coulter, Bill O'Reilly, and Michael Ledeen from having to share ranks with Michael Weiner among the talking heads. I honestly believe the commentariat deserved Weiner.

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!