[lbo-talk] RE: Naomi Klein: U.S. Draft Dodgers Liberalized Canada

N P Childs npchilds at connect.ab.ca
Mon Jul 7 18:47:04 PDT 2003

Thanks for correcting me Andie, sorry your position didn't turn out, sadly that sounds like a plausible explanation though. $2 billion surplus but still short changing the education budget. The philosophy dept. at UC must be a lonely place though. Mind you I have some people from a small, dedicated progressive community in Calgary. They have to be.

On the plus side of things, desert arrived early for 'King Ralph' this morning;

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20030707.wklein0707/BNStory/National/

There may still be a picture on lead page.

PC

At 7/7/2003,, you wrote:
>Message: 5
>Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 07:07:24 -0700 (PDT)
>From: andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com>
>Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] RE: Naomi Klein: U.S. Draft Dodgers Liberalized Canada
>To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org
>
>And there are
> > schools here that could rival American schools for
> > right wing behaviors;
> > virtually any history or business department is a
> > trove of cave man
> > behavior, any faculty at the University of Calgary,
> > and the Poli Sci
> > department at UBC, are also prime examples.
> >

>The philosophy dept at Calgary was Marxist until
>recently -- Robt Ware, Kai Neilsen, etc. were there.
>My last stab at academia was being shortlisted for
>Kai's position, but then the provincial legislature
>defunded the position, or so I was told, otherwise I
>might have ended up there. . . .

N Paul Childs 5967-157 Avenue Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5Y 2P3

e-fax 413-683-9725 _______________________________________________________ 'Gee thanks, your validation means oh, so much to me'.

-Art 'Bones' MacDesalavo