[lbo-talk] Re:Liberia

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Mon Jul 7 18:47:50 PDT 2003

Max B. Sawicky wrote:
> I think this is on track. The U.S. intervenes in
> Liberia to justify its intervention in Iraq -- to
> demonstrate it is not always and everywhere self-
> interested.

Dwayne and Max seem closest to the mark on this one. Of particular interest are the invitations from Liberians to intervene, as Dwayne recalls. I don't know who the invitees are, if they're organized, or what.

The half-assed troop commitment Doug heard on Meet the Press could suggest reluctance to do something they can't talk their way out of. Shrub may be looking for a symbolic exit, but he did call for Charles Taylor to leave office. This is bizarre.

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!