[lbo-talk] Re:Liberia

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Mon Jul 7 20:38:37 PDT 2003

I've always been extreme so if I'm naive, why break the pattern. It's true I'm a cock-eyed optimist.

Perhaps the Bushies are practicing altruism for non-altruistic purposes.

The bastards.

Given the US corporate and evangelical footprint on the continent [see "Warlord Politics and African States" by Reno and "Violent Environments" ed. by Nancy Lee Peluso and Michael Watts] and the behavior in Iraq, it would be naive in the extreme to think the Bushies are doing any of this out of altruism.

Ian