[lbo-talk] Microsoft Plans An End Run Around, Oh, Everyone

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Jul 9 09:41:20 PDT 2003

Dwayne Monroe wrote:
> DRR wrote:
>
> It still sounds like a prescription for utter
> disaster. Huge chunks of that system will be
> proprietary and therefore loaded with bugs and
> vulnerabilities.

This scheme will never work. They have been trying to come up with shit like this for years, yet we aren't any closer to it than before.

This also depends on a healthy Microsoft being able to throw money at Area 51 projects like this. Given the recent announcements of layoffs at Microsoft, I suspect that a cash crunch will eventually put this project on the back burner.

Chuck0