[lbo-talk] Chixor-Dixor Continuum

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Fri Jul 11 13:30:09 PDT 2003

I have been meaning to post this since I learned of it. I bring it up for those who've been interested in our periodic discussions of sexual dimorphism and gender.

Maybe we could compare the below with the political compass plot i never did!?

Measure your ring finger and your index finger, measuring from the base (the line at the joint) to the tip.

Take the ratio of the index finger to the ring finger (index : ring )

1:1 Chixor < 1 Dixor

Women _tend_ to have digits that are the same in length, men _tend_ to have a ring finger that is longer than the index finger. However, this is only a predictor, so it's better seen as a continuum.

Apparently, this has been used with gay men who, interestingly, appear to have more testosterone than straight men. And bi men more than gay men. I didn't see anything on lezbeans, although there is some research on digit ratio, women, disease.

<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=PubMed&cmd=Display&dopt=pubmed_pubmed&from_uid=9853845>