[lbo-talk] Liberia

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Jul 11 15:18:14 PDT 2003

At 3:23 PM -0400 7/9/03, Michael Pollak wrote:
>On this interpretation, the whole maneuver offshore bit was never
>meant to last much longer than his trip. Our position is that we
>will only go in if Taylor steps down, which solves half the problem
>before we get there. And my suspicions are that we really only ever
>intended to stand behind Ecowas, which we support as a counterweight
>to France in the area, much in the same way as we support "new
>Europe."

Isn't the current development basically an extension of African Crisis Response Initiative (ACRI) and the like? -- Yoshie

* Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://solidarity.igc.org/>