[lbo-talk] Tue., 8/19: Bring the Troops Home Now! Rally

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Jul 14 23:51:56 PDT 2003

I received the following announcement via the listserv of Military Families Speak Out. I checked the ANSWER website, but it is not on its home page, so I assume that this is mainly organized by the NY chapter of ANSWER.

***** Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 21:10:40 +0000 From: resistgwb <resistgwb at yahoo.com> Subject: [MilitaryFamiliesSpeakOut] Bring the Troops Home Now! Rally

Dear Friends,

On Tuesday, August 19, military families, veterans, and activists will rally at the House of the Lord Church for a "Bring the Troops Home Now" Rally. You are invited to help launch this nation-wide campaign which will build towards a march on Washington D.C. on October 25. This rally, which is co-sponsored by the Martin Luther King Peace Now Committee and the International A.N.S.W.E.R. Coalition, will feature presentations by families of military personnel and veterans, as well as anti-war activists.

As the conflict in Iraq continues as casualties mount on both sides, it becomes clear that what the Bush Administration presented as a quick war of liberation is turning into a long and bloody occupation. Only a mass movement of the people can stop the occupation.

Let's all come out and demand that our sons, daughters, brothers, and sisters come home now. Military families who would like to be involved can call 212-633-6646.

We invite you to attend at The House Of The Lord Church 415 Atlantic Ave. (downtown Brooklyn between Nevins and Bond St.; 2,3,4,5 trains to Nevins St. or A,C trains to Hoyt-Schemerhorn). For more information call 212-633-6646. *****

I don't think that this ANSWER rally will be big, but it sure beats doing nothing against the occupation until fall. -- Yoshie

* Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://solidarity.igc.org/>