[lbo-talk] Queen for a Day: My Gay Makeover

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jul 15 11:39:36 PDT 2003

Miles Jackson wrote:

>Why are do so many people in our society consider
>male pattern baldness an aberration that requires medical intervention?

C'mon, men have been unhappy about going bald since long before Minoxidil. Hair can be beautiful, and losing it is an aesthetic loss in itself. But it also signifies advancing age, something humans have been worrying about for about as long as we've walked the earth. Not everything can be explained by the beauty industry's lust for profits.

Doug