[lbo-talk] They brought it on and now my nephew is dead

steve philion philion at hawaii.edu
Wed Jul 16 09:47:51 PDT 2003

His aunt, Mary, says Americans could best honor her nephew by recognizing the threats U.S. troops continue to face in Iraq.

"We have some issues with the fact that President Bush declared combat over on May 1. Combat is not over. We don't even know who's firing at us right now, and all of our soldiers are at great risk of being picked off as Jim was. And that's a shame. And then President Bush made a comment a week ago, and he said, 'bring it on.' They brought it on and now my nephew is dead."

http://news.mpr.org/features/2003/07/14_zdechlikm_iraq1/