[lbo-talk] I don't get it...

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 16 14:48:29 PDT 2003

Whose burden of proof here? It's reasonable to believe that the US govt is lying when it moves its lips. Also, Iraq had been under sanctions and an inspection regime for years, so if no weapons had showed up, it was reasonable to accept that they had been destroyed. Against this you come up with "common sense: what dictator woulfd give up such weapons?" Which is pretty feeble, you think it through. I also agree with Carol, btw, if SH had the bomb and 150 tons of anthrax and god knows what else, he had exactly as much right to such things (none at all) as the US govt, so his hypotheticak possession was not a causys belli. Why are you bringing this old stuff up anyway?