[lbo-talk] I don't get it..

Luke Benjamin Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Wed Jul 16 20:25:43 PDT 2003

Justin wrote:
> You clearly share the bias of the media,

And you, sir, are clearly an ignorant slut.

> that anything the govt says is to be prima facie believed

I can't recall anything that Brian has said that would commit him to this position. Most people (spanning from left to right, including myself and I'd imagine most members of the media) inferred (now seemingly incorrectly) that Saddam's attempts to obstruct the inspections process demonstrated that he must have had something to hide. And I'm pretty sure that when I argued several months ago that we had an interest in preventing Iraq from acquiring nucler weapons, you didn't counter by claiming that there was no reason to think that Iraq would be able to produce such weapons, but instead by arguing that the world would be no worse off (and perhaps even better off) if they did.

-- Luke