[lbo-talk] I don't get it..

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Wed Jul 16 20:58:25 PDT 2003

Was it so hard to believe that Saddam might have had something, esp given his track record? I never thought he had the tons and tons of shit that many alleged, but it seemed probable that he kept some weapons or weapon components from the inspectors. I mean, wouldn't he at least try?

To say now, as Chuck0 has, that "we" all knew there was zero, zip to be found sounds to me like singing after the music's stopped. It may be that Saddam had nothing at all, but to say that you "knew" this back then is crap. You couldn't have "known" -- guessed maybe. Hoped. But not known.

DP