[lbo-talk] ABC: Bushies are new 'Most Wanted'

Gregory Geboski greg at mail.unionwebservices.com
Thu Jul 17 06:29:33 PDT 2003

Gosh, soldiers don't like to be lied to, either:

"The sergeant at the 2nd Battle Combat Team Headquarters pulled me aside in the corridor. 'I've got my own 'Most Wanted' list,' he told me... 'The aces in my deck are Paul Bremer, Donald Rumsfeld, George Bush and Paul Wolfowitz,' he said."

http://more.abcnews.go.com/sections/wnt/World/iraq030715_2ndBrigade.html

Army response was fast, furious, pathetic:

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/wnt/World/iraq030716_Abizaid.html

Buried in this second story is this telling admission (that probably should have led a more adventurous story, e.g., "General Admits US in Long Guerrilla War"):

"Abizaid said the United States was still, in effect, at war in Iraq as anti-American fighters are waging a 'classical guerrilla-type campaign against us.' The general also said U.S. troops may have to stay for yearlong tours to meet the threat. 'It's war, however you describe it,' Abizaid said."

Also check out the photo with this story.