[lbo-talk] I don't get it..

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu Jul 17 06:48:26 PDT 2003

> I always said --
> you can look it up in the archives -- that we _knew_
> that there were no WMDs, otherwise the US would not
> have attacked Iraq.

I'll take your word, Justin, that you always "knew." But Saddam surely had weapons in 1991, and the US attacked him in Kuwait. So I think that part of your argument doesn't hold up. It is true, however, that the US prefers attacking weaker countries -- the more disarmed the better. But the first Gulf War took place before the UN sent inspectors into Iraq, and only a few years after the disastrous Iran/Iraq war.

DP