[lbo-talk] I don't get it...

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 18 11:40:16 PDT 2003

I don't think there was a conspiracy in the sense that they got together in a room and said, we don't believe this, let's cover it up. After all, communists and terrotoists conspire, capitalists work by invisible hand mechanisms. They did get together and ask, what will sell this war? They decided they needed a threat, and ordered their intelligence agencies to show there was one. When the CIA, etc, couldn't or wouldn't, they made it up themselves ina credude and incopenent sort of way.

But wilfull blindness, which is what is going on gere, amounts to knowledge in the eyes of the law. It can satisfy the required mental state of knowledge as the element of a crime, and you can go to prison on that basis. It's not a mitigation that you only buried your head in the sand and refused to draw the inferences that were screaming in your face.

If it makes you feel better about my view that I do not think that the Bushies said out loud, with a Snidley Whiplash wuhahaha, we know this is a lie, but we'll say it anyway, then take it that way. jks