[lbo-talk] Law Student With a History of Taking Left Turns

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri Jul 18 12:39:05 PDT 2003

> >I mean who cares if Chomsky fucks chickens, I
> >don't think that changes the fact that the US Air Force probably killed
as
> >many Cambodians as the Khmer Rouge did...
>
> You really do know nothing at all about anything.
>
> Brad DeLong

What was the CIA estimate for Cambodian dead from US bombing during 1970-75 -- something like 600,000? The Yale Center has settled on 1.7 million dead under the KR, but I recall the CIA's numbers being between 600,000 to a million. 'Course, you factor in Vietnamese and Laotian dead from the US assault, and the total numbers go way beyond Pol Pot's. And if he was a genocidal monster (which he was), what does that make us?

And let's not dwell on the Carter and Reagan admins' support for the KR-dominated "government in exile" after the Vietnamese thankfully threw them out of power.

DP