[lbo-talk] Law Student With a History of Taking Left Turns

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sat Jul 19 19:49:47 PDT 2003

> Are you saying that you think that Ho Chi Minh was better than Nguyen
> Van Thieu, that Mao Zedong was better than Chang Kaishek, and that
> Kim Il Sung was better than Syngman Rhee?
>

> Brad DeLong

I'm asking whether or not you'd fight in the Vietnam war, a war you seem, in retrospect, to favor, though, having historical hindsight, you tactically back away from. That was the question. Dragging in Mao, whom I loathe, or Kim Il Sung, ditto, is, in this place, irrelevant, but a handy smokescreen.

And if you were/are so gung ho about killing dinks, what was your opinion about your former boss Bill C., who avoided such noble service?

DP