[lbo-talk] Russia may send peacekeepers to Iraq - Foreign Ministry

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 21 04:07:00 PDT 2003

Russia may send peacekeepers to Iraq - Foreign Ministry

Russia admits that it could possibly send its peacekeepers to Iraq if the UN Security Council adopts an appropriate resolution, Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Alexander Yakovenko said at a briefing in Moscow on Friday. "I admit such a possibility, provided there is an appropriate UN Security resolution," said the diplomat, adding, "the issue calls for elaborate study" but "in my opinion, it is too early. We do not see how our peacekeepers could participate in the current coalition forces in Iraq." //Interfax

_________________________________________________________________ Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail