[lbo-talk] Re: Law Student With a History of Taking Left Turns

Brian Siano siano at mail.med.upenn.edu
Mon Jul 21 07:25:18 PDT 2003

Chris Doss wrote:

> Only a Berkeley liberal economist would place collectivized
> agriculture on the same evil level as total state control.

Oh, I'm sure there are other people who'd place collectivized agriculture on the same evil level as total state control. Libertarians would, for one, and so would paranoid schizophrenics, right-wing ideologues, junior-high students who're just starting to puzzle out the issues, really dishonest apologists for corporate farming, people who heard the analogy from others and are just repeating it in order to sound wise and important...

I don't see any reason to think that this behavior'd be confined to liberal economists on the UC Berkeley campus. Or conservative economists at the University of Chicago. Or neo-liberal geologists at the University of Sydney with Schactmanite sympathies, for that matter.