[lbo-talk] Re: Law Student With a History of Taking Left Turns

Brian Siano siano at mail.med.upenn.edu
Mon Jul 21 10:25:58 PDT 2003

Luke Benjamin Weiger wrote:

>Do we have to refight the war between the anti-commies and the
>anti-anti-commies? Hard to see how it has much enduring relevance,
>although I suppose which stance one happens to take generally correlates
>with a host of other ideological commitments that do still matter.

Oh, it has lots of continuing relevance. This way, when newcomers or young'uns come in, the older cranks can denounce them as revanchists or Schactmanites or bourgeous adventurists or neo-liberals or running dog lackeys. Then the newcomers have to go off and research things like the Ludlow Massacre and the Kronstadt Uprising and analyze them unto the fifth decimal place so they can place themselves in a very specific and particular sect. Then they can throw the same epithets at the newcomers they have to deal with.