[lbo-talk] Agricultural Collectivization

Brad DeLong delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Jul 22 06:46:43 PDT 2003

>Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>>>No. The main danger from agricultural collectivization comes from
>>>all the people who got shot during the process of reenserfment of
>>>the peasantry, and all the people who thereafter starve as
>>>production drops and required grain deliveries rise.
>>

>>How about some facts?
>
>North Korea aside, I'd like Brad to explain how the people who get
>shot and starve to death are the source of the "main danger from
>agricultural collectivization." He's clearly blaming some victims
>here.

You pretend not to understand. The main danger from agricultural collectivization is that millions of peasants get shot and starved to death in the process.

I know you think it is all a big joke. But not all of us think that the Great Leap Forward and what followed was as funny as you do.

Brad DeLong