[lbo-talk] Agricultural Collectivization

Brian Siano siano at mail.med.upenn.edu
Tue Jul 22 06:57:29 PDT 2003

Brad DeLong wrote:

>> North Korea aside, I'd like Brad to explain how the people who get
>> shot and starve to death are the source of the "main danger from
>> agricultural collectivization." He's clearly blaming some victims here.
>
> You pretend not to understand. The main danger from agricultural
> collectivization is that millions of peasants get shot and starved to
> death in the process.

What's to pretend? I'm just reading what you wrote: that the main danger comes from the people who were being shot and starved. Now, you're saying that the main danger _is_ that peasants get shot and starve to death.

Don't get all whiny and moany just because you can't use communicate very well.

> I know you think it is all a big joke. But not all of us think that
> the Great Leap Forward and what followed was as funny as you do.

You're right. The Ukranian famine had more of an Oscar Wilde wit.