[lbo-talk] Agricultural Collectivization in DPRK (was Re: LawStudent With a History of Taking Left Turns)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Jul 22 07:11:20 PDT 2003

Brian Siano wrote:

> North Korea aside, I'd like Brad to explain how the people who get shot
> and starve to death are the source of the "main danger from agricultural
> collectivization." He's clearly blaming some victims here.

I never read Brad -- my politics and his are too far apart to offer any useful cross-fertilization.

BUT. You are misreading him seriously. He meant that collectivization was the main danger to those people it killed. They aren't the _source_ of any danger; they are the ones collectivization endangers - it kills them.

I think he's wrong. But at least argue with him over his actual positions.

Carrol

I'm off for the Pacific Northwest for 10 days or so.