[lbo-talk] Bring Them Home Now: Leaflets & Website (from Stan Goff)

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Jul 22 10:06:17 PDT 2003

At 9:19 AM -0700 7/22/03, andie nachgeborenen wrote:
>We'd save the expense of occupation, byt we owe vast sums for reconstruction.

Let's get back to the real world. Did the United States government pay Korea, Vietnam, Nicaragua, etc. "vast sums for reconstruction"?

Iraqis will be lucky if the US anti-war/anti-occupation movement gets strong enough to prevent the USG from imposing economic sanctions on an independent Iraq that has kicked out foreign occupiers, i.e. to compel it simply "walk out," without keeping one big economic foot on Iraqi necks.

At 9:35 AM -0400 7/22/03, Nathan Newman wrote:
>Bring Them Home Now! Screw the Iraqis! Leave them to Starve!
>Protect Our Boys!
>
>Why not, Demand UN administration! Democracy for Iraq!

If masses of Iraqis demanded UN administration, you might support them. Otherwise, don't call for what they aren't calling for. -- Yoshie

* Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://solidarity.igc.org/>