[lbo-talk] Bring Them Home Now: Leaflets & Website (from Stan Goff)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jul 22 16:08:17 PDT 2003

Nathan Newman wrote:

>We had no idea before either because Saddam Hussein was brutalizing them.

So you think it's ok for the U.S. to invade countries to "liberate" them?

>And the failure of the Left to have a program for bringing democracy and a
>voice to the people of Iraq (and Afghanistan and Kosovo and etc.) without
>use of those B-52s is why it lacks the moral authority to stop any of these
>wars.

So, as the shrinks say, what's your idea about that? A new Abraham Lincoln brigade? A better U.S. imperialism? Isn't the liberation of Iraq the business of Iraqis, and not Americans?

Just because isolationists said something doesn't make it wrong.

Doug