[lbo-talk] Credibility Canyon

Thiago Oppermann thiago_oppermann at bigpond.com
Tue Jul 22 18:05:46 PDT 2003

On 23/7/2003 9:54 AM, "lbo-talk-request at lbo-talk.org" <lbo-talk-request at lbo-talk.org> wrote:

> Chuck0 wrote:
>
>> It's quite evident right now, just by reading the American corporate
>> press, that the Bush administration is in a serious crisis
>
> ...and it's not just Bush: even St Alan Greenspan is suffering an
> image collapse, with some pundits even claiming he's lost the
> confidence of the bond market. If only there were a "we" would could
> take proper advantage!
>
> Doug

Ha! They're such amateurs! The Australian conservatives have managed to turn shit into gold and are *more* solidly entrenched now than they were six months ago. It's amazing. They have had to navigate all the scandals your insane clown posse has failed to, plus a whole host more. They managed to appoint a Governor General involved in a paedophilia scandal ­ a guy who publicly apologised for a rapist on prime time TV - and nothing came of it. It was just the news of the moment, now it's ancient history. I can't imagine that it is because of voter apathy alone, since the US has that in spades.

Note to self #1: when a right-wing despot, make sure the economy isn't fried before going ape. Economy must fry *after* going ape.

Note to self #2: a moron might connect well with focus groups, but he will put his foot in his mouth at inopportune times.

Thiago