[lbo-talk] Re: Bring Them Home Now: Leaflets & Website (from Stan Goff)

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Jul 22 21:35:41 PDT 2003

At 6:42 PM -0700 7/22/03, andie nachgeborenen wrote:
>They are not a program for action. They are not policy
>recommendations. They are tools for organizing domestic opposition.
>Therefore, if they remind our audience that the US has demolished
>Iraq as well as colonized it, and help to persuade people that
>that's bad, they will have done what they are supposed to do

If you go back to my initial post that triggered this thread, you'd notice that what I posted was _organizing tools_ -- leaflets and a website (to be functional after Friday) -- the tools meant to specifically appeal to particular sections of the population: service members, military families, those who have friends, acquaintances, etc. deployed in Iraq or Afghanistan, those who worry that people whom they care about might get shipped to Iraq, Afghanistan, or any other hot spot, those who sympathize with the plight of service members and their families, etc. Folks who are not already beginning to think that one more American casualty is one too many won't get moved by them. -- Yoshie

* Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://solidarity.igc.org/>