[lbo-talk] e-governance

Tom Roche Tom_Roche at pobox.com
Wed Jul 23 19:41:17 PDT 2003

Jon Johanning Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:33:49 -0400

> Pardon my ignorance, but I've never heard this term "e-governance."

> Could you explain what it is? Sounds pretty sinister to me.

Why? Think looking up zoning, or city ordinances, or whatever, online. Paying bills/fines online. Opening hearings and other deliberations to online participation.

Remember, technologies aren't sinister, _people_ are sinister :-) Though, given "digital divides," e-whatever will tend to advantage the advantaged, at least in the short term ...