[lbo-talk] Law Student With a History of Taking Left Turns

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 23 23:23:23 PDT 2003

>>My God do you live in a self-enclosed dream world.
>>I invite you to visit a Russian collective farm and ask them what they
>>think about Communism, or ask a pensioner begging in the Moscow metro. No
>>doubt you will conclude that they are irrational and unreasonable
>
>No. I should have said "anybody rational and reasonable who knows the
>history".
>
>And yes, I cannot understand how anyone rational and reasonable who knows
>the history can take the Bolshevik model to be anything more than a recipe
>for breeding rabid dogs.
>

>Brad DeLong

The Russian provinces are begging for Stalin to come and save them, as he did in World War II.

Stalin is a God in the poorer parts of the former Soviet Union. A deity. Go to Georgia, which has practically no electricity today due to the catastrophe of the breakup of the Soviet Union, and people will hand you books on the glory of Dzhugashvili and Beria, Georgia's brightest stars.

_________________________________________________________________ Protect your PC - get McAfee.com VirusScan Online http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963